Saas-Fee is a popular ski resort located in the Swiss Alps, known for its extensive ski terrain, stunning glaciers, and charming village atmosphere. It is situated in the canton of Valais, in the southern part of Switzerland, and is easily accessible by car or train.
Saas-Fee has a ski area that spans over 100 kilometers of pistes, with 22 lifts and cable cars providing access to the slopes. The resort is situated at an altitude of 1,800 meters, with the highest ski lift reaching up to 3,500 meters, making it one of the highest ski resorts in Europe.
The ski terrain in Saas-Fee is suitable for skiers and snowboarders of all levels, with a good mix of easy, intermediate, and advanced pistes. The resort is also home to several freeride areas and terrain parks, making it a popular destination for snowboarders and freestyle skiers.
Saas-Fee is also known for its stunning glacier skiing, with some of the best high-altitude skiing in Europe. The glacier skiing area is open year-round, offering visitors the chance to ski on pristine snow even in the middle of summer.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Saas-Fee also offers a range of other winter activities, including ice skating, snowshoeing, and sledging. The village is also home to several restaurants, cafes, and bars, making it a popular destination for après-ski activities.
Overall, Saas-Fee is a great ski resort for those looking for a mix of challenging skiing, stunning scenery, and a charming village atmosphere.
Saas-Fee is a popular ski resort in Switzerland, known for its wide range of ski slopes and challenging terrain. Here are some notable pistes in Saas-Fee selected by Ski-Pro:
- Längfluh: This black piste is one of the steepest runs in the resort, with a challenging descent that will test the skills of even the most experienced skiers. It is located on the Fee glacier, offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Allalin: This red piste is another popular run on the Fee glacier, with a challenging descent and stunning views of the Matterhorn and other nearby peaks.
- Plattjen: This red piste is located on the Plattjen mountain and offers a challenging descent with a mix of open sections and steep slopes. It is a popular run for intermediate and advanced skiers.
- Spielboden: This blue piste is a popular run for intermediate skiers, with a wide slope and gentle gradient. It is a great place to practice skiing techniques and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the resort.
- Hannig: This green piste is located in the beginners’ area and offers a gentle slope for new skiers and snowboarders. It is a great place to learn the basics of skiing or snowboarding.
- Snowpark: Saas-Fee also has a popular terrain park, with a range of jumps, rails, and other obstacles for freestyle skiers and snowboarders.